Trolls, this is your day. All of your rude, nonsensical comments have been preparing you for December 11. Only this time, your trolling will be for a purpose. And those who have thought trolling seems fun, but didn’t want to be another asshole on the internet – well, this day if for you, too.
The best part is, you’ll be sort of joining forces with the nebulous group of nameless, faceless, badass hackers and contribute to a cyber bar against against the religious extremists. It’s perfect.
The hacktivist collective declared Friday, December 11 “Trolling Day” against ISIS and they’re asking for the public’s help in making the internet as hostile and unfriendly of a place as possible for members of the terrorist group. All you need to do to partake in the group’s operation is simply get online and act like a complete dick … for good.
Labeling it “#TrollingDay,” Anonymous announced their plans and requested out help in a ghostbin post: “We ask you to show your support and help against ISIS by joining us and trolling them // Do not think you have to be apart of Anonymous, anyone can do this and does not require any special skills.”
On the post, they outline ways to participate.
Remember – this is about mocking ISIS, not Islam. The religious extremists do not represent the Islamic religion. So, before you go and mock, keep that in mind and be respectful of the religion.
- Post mocking photos of Isis
- Use #Daesh (apparently they hate being called this) and #Daeshbags
- Post photos of goats while @ing Isis members with captions talking about their wives
- Use #‘s that many Isis members use and post mocking photos
- Find Isis accounts and out them to all of your friends asking to report
- Openly call them #Daesh and #Deashbags
- Spread mocking photos of Isis
- Post photos showing you are not afraid against them
- Openly call them Daesh
- Post photos of captured Isis members and mock them
- Make mocking videos of Isis
- Spread photos of Isis members
- Call to other youtubers to join in and to mock and belittle Isis members
- Find any Isis accounts and report them
- Print out photos that mock Isis and spread them around your city (be careful can be seen as bad if some don’t understand you aren’t supporting but mocking)
- Make stickers of mocking photos and put around your town
- Print out pages showing how Isis does not represent Islam
Again, this is mocking members of ISIS, not members of the Islamic religion. Go forth and troll, just make sure it’s directed properly. And if you don’t think you can handle this, then this day is NOT for you.