privilege
25 May 2016

This Comic Makes Privilege Incredibly Easy to Understand

I’ll never understand the anger and irritation some display when told they are privileged. I wish people would see that it doesn’t detract or minimize any of your hard work. Rather, it is just recognizing that you have had some things easier than others. And by realizing that, you’re more appreciative… and UNDERSTANDING of other…

uber
20 May 2016

Uber Driver Works Weekends to Keep People from Driving Drunk – Donates 100% of the Money Made

How cool is this?! There’s a man in Chicago who has a full time job as a software developer, but drives uber on the weekends just to keep people from driving drunk. He donates 100% of what he makes to Mothers Against Drunk Driving.   This is fantastic! If anyone knows who this man is,…

Regina Dominican Lacrosse Team
18 May 2016

High School Kids Look to Help Fight Melanoma

According to the American Cancer Society, more than 76,000 new patients will be diagnosed with melanoma in 2016. Despite the fact that it accounts for only one percent of all those struck with skin cancer, it is considered to be the worst form of skin cancer, as well as the world’s fastest-growing form of cancer.…

26 Dec 2015

MiFlight: Avoid Airport Aggravation!

How long is the airport security line? Every flyer wants to know. The answer is here. And we're all part of the solution.

Brooklyn Borough Hall
22 Apr 2016

Bathed in Purple: Tributes to Prince Across the Globe

The world wept with the news of Prince’s passing. Whether you grew up with his music, experienced your first kiss to purple rain, or always partied like it was 1999… his music influenced your life. And as you can see, much of the world went purple last night in honor of Prince. Chicago’s Skyline Detroit…

Yayne Abeba
18 Apr 2016

Kind Badass of the Week: Yayne Abeba

Each week kinda kind will be featuring a badass who is putting their passion to a purpose and doing something great for the world. This week’s Kind Badass of the Week is Yayne Abeba: Comedian, writer, activist. Yayne is a San Francisco native who is using her voice to fight for San Francisco and the rights…

Kristin Fehrman for No nonsense
11 Apr 2016

Recycle Your Tights to Reduce Your Fashion Carbon Footprint

Earth Day is approaching, so why not save the planet in style? I recently learned about an awesome program through No nonsense, who offer a stylish array of tights, leggings and socks. Their one-of-a-kind program is perfect to help women across the globe reduce their ‘fashion carbon footprint’ by recycling their tights and pantyhose! If there’s one style I can’t…

Temple University Medical
03 Apr 2016

There Could Be A Cure for HIV Within Three Years!

This weekend I discovered some very good news- there is an HIV cure in the works! According to researchers at Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, big strides have been made to eliminate the disease. From The Independent: “After years of research, the team from Temple University in Pennsylvania used their technique to eliminate the virus…