04 Jul 2016

John Cena’s Message to America: Be a Patriot, Not a Bigot

John Cena, the professional wrestler, comedic actor, and total babe, has an important Fourth of July message. The video, embedded below, is a PSA from the non-profit group Ad Council and the #WeAreAmerica campaign. Midway through the ad Cena says, “Almost half the country belongs to minority groups. People who are lesbian, African American, bi, transgender,…

21 Jun 2016

Orlando Pays the Price of America’s Shame

I awakened to the news in America.  I was traveling abroad in Europe during the Orlando tragedy, and while most of my fellow Americans slept in the early morning hours on Sunday, June 12th, dawn had already broken in the Tuscan hills where I, alone, seized by emotions that I had not embraced in years,…

16 Jun 2016

University of Chicago Student Body President Fights Possible Expulsion, Wins

Graduation day is a day college students strive for. With all the hard work, time and effort they put in, to be able to walk across the stage gives one a sense of accomplishment. Whether it be a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD., you know that you’ve accomplished something. Last week, now-former University of Chicago student…

26 Dec 2015

MiFlight: Avoid Airport Aggravation!

How long is the airport security line? Every flyer wants to know. The answer is here. And we're all part of the solution.

25 May 2016

This Comic Makes Privilege Incredibly Easy to Understand

I’ll never understand the anger and irritation some display when told they are privileged. I wish people would see that it doesn’t detract or minimize any of your hard work. Rather, it is just recognizing that you have had some things easier than others. And by realizing that, you’re more appreciative… and UNDERSTANDING of other…

20 May 2016

Uber Driver Works Weekends to Keep People from Driving Drunk – Donates 100% of the Money Made

How cool is this?! There’s a man in Chicago who has a full time job as a software developer, but drives uber on the weekends just to keep people from driving drunk. He donates 100% of what he makes to Mothers Against Drunk Driving.   This is fantastic! If anyone knows who this man is,…

18 May 2016

High School Kids Look to Help Fight Melanoma

According to the American Cancer Society, more than 76,000 new patients will be diagnosed with melanoma in 2016. Despite the fact that it accounts for only one percent of all those struck with skin cancer, it is considered to be the worst form of skin cancer, as well as the world’s fastest-growing form of cancer.…

17 May 2016

Mayor Cuts His Own Pay By 50 Percent to Balance Budget

In the mood for the news about a politician actually doing a good thing? I got you… Tom Scarnecchia, the mayor of Niles, Ohio will be giving up $34,000 a year to help reduce his city’s deficit. The city is in a fiscal emergency with a projected $130,000 year-end deficit, and the state requires that…