12 Dec 2016

Good News from Last Week: December 4 – December 11

Some really good stuff happened last week! Here’s Good News from Last Week! To learn more about any of the stories in the video: Judge dismisses 66,000 warrants against homeless Canada being too damn nice, it’s actually causing car accidents Cheerleading is officially a sport Docs in Denmark want to stop circumcision Vets from Standing…

10 Dec 2016

Canadians Are So Nice, It’s Actually Causing Car Accidents

Is being “too nice” ever a thing? I don’t know, but if anyone was to make this a thing, it’s probably Canadians. Get this: police in Charlottetown, on Canada’s Prince Edward Island, are warning drivers to quit being so damn nice to each other. This warning was issued following a series of accidents caused by…

08 Dec 2016

Judge Dismisses 66,000 Warrants Against Homeless Because “It’s the right thing to do”

Here’s some good news! Over the last five years, San Francisco’s Presiding Judge John Stewart and his colleagues have dismissed more than 66,000 arrest warrants for quality-of-life crimes, such as sleeping on the sidewalk. His logic? People living in poverty do not deserve to be put in jail just because they’re too poor to pay a…

26 Dec 2015

MiFlight: Avoid Airport Aggravation!

How long is the airport security line? Every flyer wants to know. The answer is here. And we're all part of the solution.

27 Nov 2016

Ways You Can Help The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe Fight the Dakota Access Pipeline

What’s happening right now in Cannon Ball, North Dakota is beyond words. I could write a long paragraph about what’s happening, but you should already know. And if you don’t: read this, and stay up to date. I could write a long paragraph about my feelings, but I’ll save everyone the energy of writing it…

25 Nov 2016

86-Year-Old Man Teaches Himself to Knit So He Can Make Hats for Premature Babies

It’s never too late to learn something new, and it sure as hell is never too late to do something nice for someone else. 86-year-old Ed Moseley is proof of that. When his care home announced plans to knit little hats for premature babies, Ed Moseley knew that was something he wanted to get in…

13 Nov 2016

Acts of Kindness to Restore Your Faith in Humanity

November 13 is World Kindness Day, and it couldn’t have come at a better time. These awesome acts of kindness will restore your faith in humanity. This 82 year-old barber brings his chair and clippers to the park to give people a haircut. And all he charges is one hug per haircut. This young woman in…

07 Nov 2016

Reasons Why Not Voting Sort of Makes You a Dick

If you’re a legal resident, 18 years-of-age+, and not incarcerated or on parole, there’s no excuse for not being a registered voter … who actually votes. Voting is not only the kind thing to do, sometimes not voting actually makes you sort of a dick, here’s why: People fought and died for the right to…